best small riding lawn mower in 2018
Why should you choose the small riding lawn mower?
Firstly, the riding lawn mower when you compare them to the push lawn mowers and cordless lawn mower, you will find that the riding lawn mower have so many benefits, they are comforting, engine-powered, you have just to ride it and start your work like you’re playing or at least you won’t feel that you’re working, also you will save half of the time which you spend when you use the push lawn mowers.
Secondly, the small lawn mowers, they are easy to control, store, and they can go in the very tight places that the big one’s can’t do it, also it’s easy to use by the beginners and experts, the men or the women. now you know how o choose The best small riding lawn mower but still one core thing you must care about it is safety . also befor buying small riding lawn mower there are 4 options you must care about like engine power , speed, deck size and terrain of tbhe yard
What To Look Before Buying Small Riding Lawn Mower 2018
*- Engine Power
The engine power for small riding lawn mower varies from 12 to 26 hp for yards size between ½ and 3 acres
*- Speed :
Small riding lawn mower have two options of speed , single speed which have only onefixed speed and multi speed have many speed you can adjust speed from many of course the higher speed of your riding lawn mower the fatest work you can do .
*- Deck Size :
Small riding lawn mower with deck size between 28-34 inches because easier for you to maneuver around obstacles specially if you have many obstacles like trees, poles, flowers, winding paths. but also large deck size 42-inch deck may be ideal for a large lawn.
*- Terrain of the yard :
you must differ between terrain and a hilly terrain first one need less power compared the second
Top 5 best riding lawn mowers in 2018:
1- Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch small riding lawn mower
one of the best small riding lawn mower you ever seen
– gas powered.
– Powerful 382 cc OHV engine, this powerful engine has 3 gallon capacity engine, your job is almost done.
– 30-inch 14 gauge durable deck.
-5 cutting heights.
– The deck has 18-inch cutting radius, it can avoid any obstacles and deal with the tight corners.
– Manual power take-off.
– 4.25 MPH maximum forward speed, you can adjust then to 6 speed settings from zero to 4.25.
– reverse mowing system.
– 13×5-inch front wheels, 16x 16.5 rear wheels.
– comfortable adjustable mid-back seat.
– Easy to store.
– 2-year limited warranty.
– Sight window on the fuel tank shows the gas levels.
– lacks mulching and bagging capacities.
– Maximum speed of 4.25.
- fuel shut off solenoid activates after turn off the engine
- 15 HP with 420cc is very powerfull for residential lawn
- delivered in a crate so it easy to dissemble & protected the mower
- Adjustable seat suitable for short or long legs
- forged steel crankshaft make the mower a beast
- you can mow irreversible by change it’s part
- good battery which doesn’t lose power
- less comfortable and bumpy on uneven areas in lawn
- throttle label not in high quality
- need using heavy duty super glue after rearrange the parts
- the seat is less comfortable for long time more than 1 hour
- will abruptly speed off real fast When putting in Forward
2- Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series small riding mower
-Powerful 18 HP professional-grade Kohler Courage OHV Engine.
– 15-inch front wheel and 20-inch rear wheel.
-Maximum of 5.5 MPH forward speed and 3.1 MPH.
– reverse mowing option.
– 42-stamped steel cutting deck.
– Twin cutting blades.
– 12 cutting position with 1 and 4-inchs of cutting height.
– gas powered.
– adjustable high back-seat.
– cruise control system.
– LED headlights.
– 5-year unlimited hours warranty for the chassis and front axle.
– 5-years limited lifetime fabricated deck shell warranty.
– 3-year unlimited hours warranty for the entire unit.
– 3-year warranty only cover the factory defects.
so this lawn comes no. 2 in the top 5 best small riding lawn mower
- clean cut with a good looking even he grass is long or wet
- looks sturdy overall construction
- easy to control speed with hydrostatic trans
- easy remove and access oil filter
- gas tank is high capacity
- avaliable accessories
- many effort you must do for mow in reverse
- tend to scalp if set at 2.5″ or less
- the steering wheel has quite a bit of play before turn the wheels.
3- Poulan Pro P46ZX Briggs small riding lawn mower
– Powerful 22 HP Briggs & Stratton V-Twin engine inside.
– Electric clutch blade is easy to engage.
– 6 positions of the cutting heights from 1.5 to 4.
– 46 RZ reinforced deck.
– 3- year limited warranty.
– dual hydro-gear EZT drive system,
– 5-gallon fuel tank capacity.
– maximum speed of 6 MPH.
– gas powered.
– a large fuel tank.
– Warranty on the stamped mowing deck.
– ZTRs do not work well on relatively steep slopes.
– it’s not suitable for mowing uphill.
- awesome zero turn mower
- excellent for medium to large home lots
- easy to use, easy to maintain and time saving
- front wheels leave tracks in lawn it is hard
- hard to control on slopes
- lack of accessiries
4- Poulan Pro 960420182 Briggs small riding lawn mower
– 15.5 HP Hydro-transmission system.
– 46 reinforced steel cutting deck.
– 6 cutting positions.
– Mulching bagging and side discharge capabilities.
– Anti scalp deck wheels.
– Gas powered.
– CVT fast pedal drive system, it makes it easy to adjust the speed.
– Maximum speed of 8 MPH.
– A built-in cup holder.
-large 20-inch rear wheels
– 2 years limited warranty on the entire unit and 10 years warranty on the stamped mowing deck.
- the seat is very comfortable with the length of padal
- contain hydrostatic drive make mow more faster
- excellent choise for small size
- steering wheel is lighter, flimsier
- can’t mow wet grass
- the black leatherette cover is hard like glass
– Powered by a strong 420cc Engine
7 speed adjustable positions.
2-year limited warranty.
- Mulching and bagging capabilities.
- Gas powered.
– comfortable mid-seat.
– 7-speed automatic transmission.
– LED headlights.
– doesn’t have a reverse mowing option.
– small fuel tank.
- easy to maneuver with various gears
- taller tires and rollers are features of higher priced
- may not lifting grass up as you want
- sometimes hard to turn it on for first time